The Secret Signs of a Slab Leak
- The Secret Signs of a Slab Leak
Looking for a perfect structure would be like looking for a perfect mate – a venture that is sure to end in heartbreak and frustration.
It is to be expected that all houses and buildings of any type, will have some type of flaw or issue; although some hold their secrets a little closer than others. Its often the hidden, or secret, issues that can be of a bigger concern than those that you can plainly see, as those issues can go undetected for so long and take so much more effort to find and correct. Slab leaks are one of those long-kept secrets of a home that few homeowners know about and even fewer know the signs of. Subterranean pipes can do extensive damage as the building water levels eat away at your home’s foundation and the soil beneath it. With a thorough Lakewood home inspection from Safe Investment, those hidden leaks can be exposed and dealt with. Signs of an existing plumbing leak under your home’s slab include:
- Moisture or mildew under your carpeting or flooring. Unexplained cracks in your tile or bubbles in your linoleum also could be signs of a sub-slab water leak.
- Unexpected warm spots under your feet. Hot water leaks give themselves away by creating warm areas within your floors.
- Unexplained hissing or splashing sounds at slightly audible levels. You’ll have to listen very carefully.
- Sudden appearance of cracks in baseboards or walls. As your concrete slab foundation shifts with the movement of soil, something’s gotta give.
- The loss of water pressure.
- A sharp rise in your water bills.
- A constantly-running water meter. Check it when you are sure that you have no water in use in the house. If the dial is moving, water is moving – probably under your house.
Before you buy any home, let our home inspection team in Lakewood deliver the peace of mind you seek and expose all of a home’s hidden secrets. Call us at 303-233-0750 for your inspections appointment.